Michael Herger;278023 Wrote:
> If you really care about protecting the files, why don't you just
> restrict
> access to the squeezecenter folder as long as the prefsdir parameter
> doesn't stick? Not the cleanest solution, but should work anyway.

Sure, that works for me, but my other thing is that the SC directory is
part of a DFS replicated software area which in turn means that
everything is online replicated to other servers in case the one
running SC fails. While it is possible to do that with D&S or parts of,
that is really a messy solution. All I need is a working solutions to
move everything as I like. I don't mind having to edit this from the
default installations, as you say, the new implementation makes sense
for most users.

--
Terje

--