a)Very confident
b)No, I was running it on my laptop. Squeezecenter is installed on my
Windows 2003 SBS box (that's where the tape backup drive lives...)

If installing it on the server is the answer I can use terminal
services to control it from the SBR's location. I've replaced an SB3 in
my media rack. with an SBR so the kids can use the SB3 in their games
room. It works as bridge to a Philips Professional remote control and
extender that have software on them to control Squeezecentre (Barry
Gordon's free version - it isn't used enough in that room to warrant
upgrading to the later version).

I currently use N800 web tablets to control it, but so the kids can set
up their own server and select it via the remote I'm going to replace
them with an SBR.

Tim

--
timmorris