I read through the posts. Some good info there. Unfortunately for me I
have to wait for a part to fix my laptop before I could try using that
instead of my normal rig.

I was also thinking of bypassing my router completely and going
striaght from my PC to the Receiver, but to do that I think I'd need a
crossover cable.

If my DHCP is set to issue IP addresses (which it is), but I have my
subnet set to 255.255.255.0 (which is sort of normal), then what
happens if the Receiver is preset with an IP that it outside the range
which my router is configured for? Shouldn't the Receiver just take on
the newly issued IP address?

--
tonyptony