mhilbush;367114 Wrote:
> I can give a few more details on my setup and procedure.  I ran this on
> a brand new, never configured SBR.
>
> Network: 192.168.1.*
> Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
>
> Router running on 192.168.1.101
> - Linksys WRT54GL running Sveasoft Taliman/Mesh
> - serving DHCP in range 192.168.1.150-190
>
> SC 7.3 running on 192.168.1.3
> - Linux FC6
>
> WinXP SP3 with Cygwin running on 192.168.1.2
> - perl and subversion both installed
> - Net_UDAP downloaded according to instructions on Robin's web site
>
> SBC powered on (just to prove you can do this with a Controller in the
> mix)
>

> Procedure
> - Bring up Cygwin shell on XP box
> - SBR connected to router with ethernet cable & powered on
> - Run Net_UDAP according to instructions on Robin's web site
> - Run the following (as described on Robin's web site)
> discover (had to run this a couple times before it saw the SBR)
> conf 1
> set interface=1
> save_data
> reset
> - Wait until LED turns blue, then continue (as described on Robin's web
> site)
> discover
> conf 1
> set squeezecenter_address=192.168.1.3
> save_data
> - Wait until LED turns white (it flashed white for a few moments)
>
> Bring up SC Settings page (Information tab) in browser window and
> confirm new SBR is there.  I also saw it go from firmware v18 to v54.
>

> To verify repeatability, I did a hard reset of the SBR (hold in button
> until red light flashes quickly), cycled power, and did the whole
> procedure one more time.
>
> FWIW, I've also attached a screen capture of my Net_UDAP session.
>
> Hope this helps.  Good luck!
>
> Mark

Okay, here's my last scenario using my dead stock Netgear router:

Netgear RP114
Network: 192.168.0.*
Subnet Mask: 255.255.0.0

Router IP: 192.168.0.1
- Serving DHCP in range 192.168.0.2-64
- No other special configuration in router (port blocking, port
forwarding, etc)

SC 7.3 running at 192.168.0.2

Win XP Pro running at 192.168.0.2
- ActiveState perl installed
- Net_UDAP downloaded according to instructions
- XP Pro firewall deactivated

Procedure:
- Plug in Receiver and connect via Ethernet cable to next port on
Netgear (which would normally be served in this configuration by
192.168.0.3 if everything worked as it should)
- Bring up command shell and run Net_UDAP per instructions

And that's where it stops. When I run the discover command all I get is
the "Broadcasting adv_discovery..." line and no response. It just goes
back to the UDAP> prompt.

I am curious as to what you think happened that required trying more
than a couple of times with the discover. I haven't tried more than two
or three times at any given time.

--
tonyptony