firedog;423753 Wrote:
> Hi-
>
> Don't want to get into the nasty argument and details here, but...
>
> I'm in camp 2: I have a certain way I want my catalog presented, I'm
> not really interested in what certain corporations or other users think.
> I want what what works for me.
>
> I like my Duet overall, but when I switched over to it I had to retag
> my entire collection and subsequently retag specific albums to get SC to
> present it (more or less) in the way I wanted.
>
> I find this strange, as the tagging I started with worked fine in
> several other programs and devices. My conclusion from this is that SC
> isn't working according to "market" standards, or that the cataloging
> has some bugs.
>
> The present method in SC, which asks a only a few predetermined
> questions with a few explanations isn't clear, and it isn't clear when
> you pick one of the options how the program is actually going to behave
> afterwords.
>
> I can't think of any reason not to let individual users who are
> interested determine how their music collection is displayed to them.
>
> The whole "problem" seems to me fairly simple. Give users an option
> where they can set up their own cataloging hierarchy (tree) if they want
> to, instead of the default setup. The user should also be able to tell
> the program to ignore certain tags.
>
> This solution should be an elementary programming problem in software
> like SC. It also shouldn't be hard in such a setup for SC to display a
> preview/or example of the results of the user choices, so the user sees
> what the result of his choices will be.
>
> The present tagging and cataloging - not the way "user friendly"
> software should work in 2009, IMHO.

heretic!  blasphemer!  individualist!

-(sshhh, i agree with you)-

SC is way too pushy, way too inflexible...  and even when you do things
to make it happy, it still doesn't display things the way you want, and
all you hear is "get a 3rd party ext" to do x y or z.  i don't get that.
i'm not saying SC sucks, i'm just saying it could be better, and i wish
more people were open to at least ACKNOWLEDGING what we are saying.
this idea that SC is essentially perfect, or close enough, is just
hogwash.

--
MrSinatra

www.lion-radio.org
using:
sb2 & sbc (my home) / sbr (parent's home) - w/sc 7.3.3b - win xp pro
sp3 ie8 - 3.2ghz / 2gig ram - 1tb wd usb2 raid1 - d-link dir-655