Philip Meyer;435436 Wrote:
> What is the easiest way of extracting the list of artists from
> Squeezebox Server?  I tried to get the list of artists from the CLI
> using "artists" command, but the output isn't very friendly.
>
> I can extract the distinct list of album artists from the albums table
> from each DB engine, but this isn't the same SQL that is used to
> populate the Browse Artists list.

If you turn on SQL debugging you can easily find the SQL statement used
to get the count for the library stats.

Code:
--------------------

  SELECT COUNT( * )
  FROM ( SELECT me.id
  FROM contributors me
  LEFT JOIN contributor_album contributorAlbums ON
contributorAlbums.contributor = me.id
  LEFT JOIN albums album ON album.id = contributorAlbums.album
  WHERE ( ( ( album.compilation IS NULL OR album.compilation = ? )
  AND contributorAlbums.role IN ( ?, ? ) ) )
  GROUP BY me.id ) count_subq: '0', '1', '5'

--------------------

So, to retrieve the contributor list, use the subquery.

Code:
--------------------

  SELECT c.name
  FROM contributors c
  LEFT JOIN contributor_album ca ON ca.contributor = c.id
  LEFT JOIN albums a ON a.id = ca.album
  WHERE (((a.compilation IS NULL OR a.compilation = 0) AND ca.role IN (1,5)))
  GROUP BY c.id
  ORDER BY c.name;

--
JJZolx