I'm not sure how much support/development MIP will get within
Squeezecenter given the current status of MusipIP the product/company.
The MusicIP forums were taken down a couple of weeks ago and people have
reported difficulties downloading the program from the MIP site.

I very much hope that Logitech don't drop support for it entirely, but
I can understand why it's not a priority right now.

Back on topic, I use MIP a lot on 7.4, and have lots of latin music.
However, whilst I've always set my tags to show accented characters, my
file names don't have them.  I started doing files like this back in the
5.4.0 branch which also didn't support file names with accented
characters (full stop, not just within MIP).

I appreciate you already know that renaming the files is a good
workaround, but posting for others who may not.  Any decent ripping
program/tagger can do this, either when you rip your files or when
tagging them afterwards.

--
Siduhe

Who am I on 'LAST.FM' (http://www.last.fm/user/siduhe)?
"-Siduhe Loved Tracks radio got the thumbs up. Feedback included: yeah,
it's good... got the odd dodgy track tho...-" (c) 'ModelCitizen'
(http://www.last.fm/user/Modelcitizen)