>can the ticker not be integrated into info browser as the screensaver
>part?  RSSNews currently allows reading directly AND the ticker
>screensaver.  Surely the direct read is redundant and merging them into a
>fully functional sing app might relieve some of the confusion.

There may be other reasons to keep them separate.

Some of my News ticker sources I do not need to browse within Information
Browser.  eg. local weather report, football scores, etc.  I have news feeds
that are short headline titles.  Nice to see them scroll round the display as
idle screensaver.

Whereas Information Browser has full articles, eg. BBC news feeds has a large
structure of various sub-categories, so I can read full news articles for UK
news, World news, science news, sports news, etc.  I'd never want to have these
sorts of feeds as ticker feeds - would never get to the end before the feed
updates with the next days news!