>I found this out after I complained my favourites and hardware buttons
>no longer seemed to be linked! As I understand it now presets can only
>be set on the device not using SBS. There is no mechanism for
>configuring them in software. Hence my question

It would seem that the presets apply to all players.
It would seem that there is no way to remove a preset, or to find out what
presets have been set up, or to change preset numbers around.

I don't see how this can be seen as progress.

If I want to set it as a preset, I'd like to know what presets I have already
got configured, so I don't overwrite one.

This change has broken TrackStat plugin (possibly others?) - can't set ratings
without invoking a preset, clearing the current playlist.