Philip Meyer;480545 Wrote:
> >then it is doing what its now designed to do.  in other words, based
> on
> >what andy has said, its working as expected.
> It is not doing what is expected.

yes it is, from the POV of how andy explained SBS will work now, it
is.

Philip Meyer;480545 Wrote:
> FLAC tags are the expected tags to read from a FLAC file.  I assume that
> it is now reading id3 tags after FLAC tags, as Erland is reporting a
> difference.  So by making this change to fix your specific small number
> of incorrectly tagged files, it has introduced a change that could
> affect a lot of people.

what nonsense.  first of all, the problems are not equals, the one i am
trying to fix is far worse than the one erland is reporting.

secondly there is no reason to think the one i am reporting is a
smaller population than the one erland is reporting.  as a matter of
fact, since mp3s are FAR more common, its far more likely erlands issue
is NOT the bigger population.

thirdly, erland proposed a bug i voted for, that suggests that each
file type should have its own tag priority.  that makes sense if andy
can do it, and doesn't at all invalidate 8380.

finally, his situation is the result of undesired "bad tagging,"
whereas the one i describe isn't.

--
MrSinatra

www.lion-radio.org
using:
sb2 & sbc (my home) / sbr (parent's home) - sbs 7.4.2b - win xp pro sp3
ie8 - p4(ht) 3.2ghz / 2gig ram - 1tb wd usb2 raid1 - d-link dir-655 -
35k mp3