For me, an audio-focused media device that would easily slide into the
cabinet where I keep the flat-screen TV, AV Receiver, etc. would be
nice.  The Touch is a step in the right direction, given that it is in
essence a small computer, but I'm talking about something more like a
combination SBR and server.  My current setup illustrates how I think
such a device would be used:

Due to connectivity issues, I recently transferred my music files and
SBS to a computer that I moved into my main living area.  I now rip my
CDs to this computer, which is also hooked up to the TV that doubles as
a monitor.  I have an SB3 and my main stereo gear here as well.

What would really be nice to have is a device about the size of a DVD
player with all the standard connections found on SB devices, but also
an HDMI out for my TV/monitor, wireless keyboard/mouse, CD burner, SBS
software onboard - including ripping/tagging software.  USB connections
would be available in the back (connect my hard drive) and front (thumb
drives).

An additional SBS skin would be made available that looks something
like the "Touch" skin, but optimized for wide-screen TVs.  I think this
could have some fairly broad appeal since more and more households
contain at least one TV that has a PC setting.

>From time to time I leave the TV on when I'm playing music, and use the
Touch skin to minimize the clutter and maximize the size of the artwork
showing on the screen.  I just wish I could get the text to show
larger.

I'd love to have a device like I'm describing, one that I could turn on
only when I want to listen to my music or burn CDs, with (hopefully)
less start up time than it takes to start a PC (and avoid "always on"
and the cost associated with it).  Turning on the TV (display) is
optional when I'm playing music...I could use the SBC or IPeng for that
purpose.

As more and more AV devices become network-ready, it makes sense for
the SB line to become integrated with these other media network
appliances.

--
GeeJay