Is it all going to be music services then ?

Is playing local files in any shape or form getting "old".

Thats makes some kind of sense, it neatly bypass all that work and
money getting 100000 local files ripped tagged and scaned, for a small
monthly fee ?

The lets hope that logitech is not in for biggest part of the
mass-market.

There are plenty of music enthusiast and multi-room audio aficionados
to get around , so a product for that big niche of people still
interested in their music, not just shopping for a background soundtrack
device. This group is prepared to pay a little more than the lowest
possible price, an opening for products with a higher margin ? This
seems to describe the current lot of owners.

Then I add some more suggestions.

*improved zone handling and controller roaming .

* real multi user and multi-library handling.
multiple users, with different music service accounts is not uncommon
in the same household. So different user should be able to choose one
squeezebox in the house and get *their* library and player settings
display settings backgrounds accounts everything tied to the user not
the box.
This naturally leads to that:

A player must be able to be registered on multiple mysbs.com accounts
the account should be associated with the user not any hardware device
.
The user could choose to use any of the squeezeboxes in the house.

This naturally leads to the next step, I should be able to use *any*
squeezebox. Example visiting a friend , I just log on to box and hey
presto it's connected to my account and it connects to my server over
the internet !

* And expanding further, an idea for social networking, make it
possible for other users to connect to our servers a "guest login" with
limited rights ( naturally some mechanism to grant those rights and let
people in must be designed)
We could have some kind link in our forum headers. This would make
fantastic discussions in music section, now come listen to this.. :)

And I have to comply with pippin regarding setup and reliability.
There is an good in-house example, the SB3 it is much easier to setup
and handle than the new squeeze-play based thingys.

--
Mnyb

Main hifi: SB3 (soon to replaced by a Touch :) It is on preorder)
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: Receiver (soon to be replaced by my SB3 and the SBRto be
stuffed in a box in the attic )
I use a Controller various ir-remotes and a Eee-PC with squeezeplay to
controll this