I had read elsewhere that 7.5 embedded wasn't working too well when
configured to use MySQL. I thought I'd give it a try.

My experience was that it runs through an initial complete scan without
errors.

What seems broken is that on any subsequent scan for new and changed
music, just at the end of the discovering files phase, MySQL gets locked
up at 100% CPU for about 10 minutes, but after those 10 minutes the scan
finishes normally and all is well. While this is going on there are not
enough CPU cycles to spare to serve web pages or stream music.

If I log into the mysql instance and type 'status' it shows the slow
query count accordingly.

That must be a doozie of a query that gets sent to figure out which
files are new or changed!  Is this a known issue?

--
dsdreamer