sebp;512243 Wrote:
> I also notice the slow scanning with latest embedded versions, but I'm
> using SQLite:
> 29857 & 29883 took around 1 hour and 5 minutes
> 29953 & 29961 take around 2 hours and 27 minutes

http://svn.slimdevices.com/slim/7.5/branches/embedded/server/Slim/Schema.pm?r1=29932&r2=29931&pathrev=29932

Checking that all the tracks have exactly the same contributors list is
quite an expensive chunk of code. I think the code is doing the right
thing; it's just that the right thing is expensive to do.

I note the use of the 'last' statement to break out of the comparisons
as soon as one track is found that has different contributors, but for
most albums in my collection, the logic will be required to check every
last track before it can conclude that it is not a compilation.

--
dsdreamer