I just tried it again with MySQL (on Windows Server 2003 with my own
instance of MySQL), and it ran the initial scan successfully and the
library appeared in full when browsing.  That's good news.

But... the initial full scan was very slow.  It ran in 1 hr, 13
minutes, compared to a full scan in 7.5 trunk that normally runs in 35
minutes.  I don't recall exactly how fast a full scan is using SQLite
with this branch, but I believe it's under 20 minutes.

I'm running a new & changed scan right now.  Unlike the initial full
scan, I don't see a second perl.exe process, so it must be running
within the server.  And it apparently cleared the library and is doing a
full clear/rescan even though told otherwise.  CPU usage for both the
one perl process and MySQL are very low, so it's probably going to take
a while.

--
JJZolx

Jim