>I never had a problem with a genre Tag but i can imagine that some
>program use SynthPop or Synthpop just like the developer wants.
>So for me at least you created a problem and solved none.
No, this change is a good move.  It is in line with how many apps treat tags
(case sensitive), and this caused problems with MusicIP in particular, whereby
if you ask for a mix for genre=SynthPop, it would only include songs that
exactly match the genre.

If you have genres with non-case matching names, you could end up with eg.
1000's of SynthPop and 1 SyNtHpOp, and SBS would have combined them into one
entry, but it was random as to what genre name you would see in your Genres
list.  eg. after a complete rescan, you could get SynthPop, and after another
complete rescan you may get SyNtHpOp.  It was not possible to easily identify
which song had weird case to get it fixed.