OK, some more comments. This thing is far, far from ready for
primetime:

* I can't use "Umlaute" in player names (server on Mac). I can set them
correctly but once I disconnect and reconnect the player or restart the
server they get scrambled
* Sorting in the image viewer isn't alphabetical but in ASCII sort
order (A-Z, then a-z)
* I still can't get any scan to complete. It always hangs while
scanning some folder.jpg
* After a few hours the server on my Mac loses the connection to MySB
and needs to be restarted to offer MySB services again. (OSX 10.6.8).
I'm seeing this with 7.6.x, too. I Believe it happens whenever the Mac
temporarily loses the internet connection which happens for me once in
a while due to a lousy ISP. The problem is it never recovers on it's
own.

But the biggest issue is with the Controller which is almost unusable
for me.
* The main menu on the Controller gets scrambled all the time (I'm
seeing this with 7.6.2, too): I have duplicate top level entries
(usually from MySB, e.g. Napster), Extras has duplicate Information
Browser or Image Viewer entries one of which is dead. I'm not seeing
this in iPeng so I assume it has something to do with how the
Controller handles the menus.
* The menu jumps to NowPlaying in the middle of browsing whenever
something is playing. Essentially this means I have to stop playing
something if I want to go through more than one or two menu levels.

--
pippin

---
see iPeng, the Squeezebox iPhone remote and
*New: iPeng for iPad*, at penguinlovesmusic.com