> * I can't use "Umlaute" in player names (server on Mac). I can set them
> correctly but once I disconnect and reconnect the player or restart the
> server they get scrambled

Did this work correctly in 7.6.x?

> * Sorting in the image viewer isn't alphabetical but in ASCII sort
> order (A-Z, then a-z)
> * I still can't get any scan to complete. It always hangs while
> scanning some folder.jpg

Please get us some log files.

> * After a few hours the server on my Mac loses the connection to MySB
> and needs to be restarted to offer MySB services again. (OSX 10.6.8).
> I'm seeing this with 7.6.x, too. I Believe it happens whenever the Mac
> temporarily loses the internet connection which happens for me once in
> a while due to a lousy ISP. The problem is it never recovers on it's
> own.

Please file a bug. That's something I've suspected for a while with all
those "my NAS doesn't offer internet radio" issues being reported.

> * The main menu on the Controller gets scrambled all the time (I'm
> seeing this with 7.6.2, too): I have duplicate top level entries
> (usually from MySB, e.g. Napster), Extras has duplicate Information
> Browser or Image Viewer entries one of which is dead. I'm not seeing
> this in iPeng so I assume it has something to do with how the
> Controller handles the menus.

Are you seeing this after switching players and/or servers?

> * The menu jumps to NowPlaying in the middle of browsing whenever
> something is playing. Essentially this means I have to stop playing
> something if I want to go through more than one or two menu levels.

That should be fixed in the latest firmware (and was the same in 7.6.x).

--

Michael