JJZolx;660161 Wrote:
> Yeah, I never really got an answer to that one.
>
> It'd be interesting knowing how a frame from a video is chosen to
> represent it. A problem with the thumbnails for widescreen movies is
> that they're all but unreadable with 1/2 the image area consisting of
> black bars.Importers for most front-ends go and get metadata and art from
> various
sites such as http://thetvdb.com/ and http://www.themoviedb.org/

These sites include posters, fanart and episode thumbnails, supplied by
contributors.

Importing this info relies on an organised method of file/folder
naming. For TV shows this can be as simple as Fringe.S04E01.mkv, which
provides enough info to pull all the rest eg.
http://thetvdb.com/?tab=episode&seriesid=82066&seasonid=468438&id=4120435&lid=7

--
Davidg1