I believe this initial LMS release is going to be rushed out the door to
coincide with the release of Honeycomb 3.1 and the Android Market for
Google TV (Logitech's Revue). I might be wrong, but I think Logitech's
Revue user base is a lot more significant than the SB user base. I also
believe that, strategically, the Revue has a lot more business potential
for Logitech than the SBs. Having a strong and successful relationship
with Google means a lot to any company. The Revue owners have been
waiting for an update (enhancements) for the Revue for a very long
time. There have been several "tentative" release dates missed for the
Revue Android update which has put Revue users on edge. By drastically
reducing the Revue hardware price to $99 and by announcing and new
software platform, Google and Logitech are trying to revive Google TV
and save it for certain death. If the Google TV model is successful it
would mean profits for Logitech well beyond what the profits for
selling Squeezeboxes will ever be.

I would not be surprised if the majority of the testing of the
DLNA/UPnP component of LMS has been done with the yet-to-be release
Honeycomb 3.1 platform on the Revue. If Logitech has sufficiently
tested this new platform against LMS and found it to be stable... they
might release LMS soon and fix the problems related to the Squeezeboxes
later. SB users can still use SBS 7.6.x until LMS catches up.

Btw, is there anyone in this forum that has installed the "leaked"
Honeycomb 3.1 on their Revue and has tested it against LMS?

--
tamanaco