mherger wrote:

> More recent IE versions are more compatible, thus all those tweaks for
> IE6/7 would break rendering
> on newer versions. If anything about the web UI should be improved,
> we'll need a lot of testing across all those browsers out there.

Surely we can completely drop support for IE6/7 in a community release
(both officially and unofficially) ?

Supporting IE8 and later should definitely be fine, if we want we can
probably also go higher than that and just ask people who have problem
to install newer IE versions to install Chrome or Firefox or stay on LMS
7.8.

However, I guess the general issue is that any changes in the web UI
needs to be tested on a lot of different web browser versions, we can
limit the scope a bit but it's still going to be a lot of testing work.

(Developer of 'many plugins/applets (both free and commercial)'
(http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/User:Erland).
If you like to encourage future presence on this forum and/or third
party plugin/applet development, 'consider purchasing some plugins'
(http://license.isaksson.info))

*Interested in the future of music streaming ? 'ickStream -  A world of
music at your fingertips'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?98467-Pre-Announcement-ickStream&p=743516)*.