I added some new songs to my library and scanned for new/changed files.  I
noticed a typo in an artist name, so corrected it and scanned for new/changed
files.

The music now appears under the correct artist, but the old incorrect artist
name still appears in search results.  If I drill down to the song info page in
the web UI, it displays the data, but if I then try to navigate to the artist >
album, it displays empty.

I thought a new/changed scan ran the post scan tidy up actions to remove
redundant entries.  It appears that a full rescan is required to do this tidy
up.  Is that expected?