Philip, I don't think a new and changed scan has ever removed redundant
entries.

Just recently while testing the Tweak DB plugin one of the searches I
ran was search artists for "the girl" which returned a bunch of artists
including both Everything *B*ut the Girl and Everything *b*ut the Girl.
After fixing these I ran a new and changed scan on both LMS 7.8 on my
new VortexBox and 7.9 on my workstation and the redundant entries are
still there in both systems.

I have just accepted that a clear and rescan is the only way to remove
redundant entries, but it would be good if Michael could nail this while
he is in scan fixing / database tweaking mode.

A camel is a racehorse designed by a committee.