mherger wrote:
> > I'm not even sure of the relevance of filtering for a contributor
> with
> > specific roles.
>
> ....and that's why this change isn't simple: there's no agreement what
> should need to be implemented...
>
> FWIW: we could add another pref similar to "Filter genres at the album &
>
> track level".

What we really need is to:
- List all albums for the contributor
- Group the list into different sections by contributor role
- Sort each section in alphabetic order

However, I also think it depends on the menus.

- My Music/Composers/Contributor1 should probably only list albums where
the contributor acts as a composer because if you enter this menu you
are really looking for work composed by the selected contributor.

- My Music/Artists/Contributor1 and My Music/Album Artists/Contributor1
should list all albums where the contributor participates but group them
by role and sort the sections:
-- 1. Albums where contributor is album artist
-- 2. Albums where contributor is artist
-- 3. Albums where contributor is band
-- 4. Albums where contributor is composer
-- 5. Albums where contributor is conductor

This would make it easy to find both albums where the artist is the main
artists and albums where the artists just acts as a featured artist on
one or two tracks.

(Developer of 'many plugins/applets (both free and commercial)'
(http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/User:Erland).
If you like to encourage future presence on this forum and/or third
party plugin/applet development, 'consider purchasing some plugins'
(http://license.isaksson.info))

*Interested in the future of music streaming ? 'ickStream -  A world of
music at your fingertips'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?98467-Pre-Announcement-ickStream&p=743516)*.