>I also use dbpoweramp to rip -- I'd say it finds composer tags (mainly
>from AMG) over half the time; when it doesn't, I add them manually so my
>entire library (almost completely non-classical) has the tags -- I use
>'em.
I didn't use dbpoweramp for that reason - I then had to remove those tags,
because I couldn't really see the point in having them.

I only use composer tag for classical music composers, so I can browse
classical music by composer, without having an additional 2000 pop artists.

For cover songs, I do add a custom OriginalArtist tag, and then scan these
using CustomScan, and browse covers songs by original artist or covering artist.