ok, i'll try to go back to 7.8 and see if the issue persists.  but note,
i'm listening to a PL on my Touch right now, and it works very well.
it's only on the Transporter that PLs fail to appear.  also, i'm
enjoying Additional Browse modes and Random Albums so much I'm loath to
switch. ;)

I thought I had asked this before, but can't find that posting any more: if you control the transporter using the web UI or one of the other players or a smartphone app etc., would the playlist menu still be empty?

And just to double-check: Boom does show them just fine?

--

Michael