wortgefecht wrote:
> The plugin. Whitebear only runs on Windows, doesn't it?
Yes, that's correct.

I've done a few short experiments with 7.9 as of 24 Sept this year.
Unfortunately neither of my renderers tells me what type of data it is
processing.  However, I have tried changing the file types (settings,
advanced) for flacs, and this did change the behaviour of my renderer.
So I would first suggest that for flacs, you set it to native and
disable all other audio types.

I have several 24/192 flac tracks.  I first tested with one of these.  I
know that one of my renderers cannot play these as flacs (having tried
with a different UPnP server).  If I set LMS flac file types to just
native, the track will not play and the renderer rejects the request.
If I set the LMS flac file type to just mp3 (lame), it tries to play the
track fails, but keeps on trying (maybe lame cannot handle 24/102
flacs?).  With 24/96 tracks, they all play whatever setting I use.  So
the LMS file type is affecting the output of the UPnP plugin, presumably
by feeding the specified file type to the plugin (I'm guessing here).

I'd be interested in the result of your tests.

LMS 7.9 on VortexBox Midi running Xubuntu 14.04, FLACs 16->24 bit,
44.1->192kbps. Wired Touch + EDO, coax to Musical Fidelity M1 CLiC.
Alternatively squeezelite to a bit of home-cooked code and thence to M1
CLiC using a UPNP stream. Wireless Xubuntu 14.04 laptop controls LMS via
Chromium.   Meridian Explorer USB DAC to listen via Squeezelite on
Vortexbox & other PCs as required.  Spare Touch in loft.