PasTim wrote:
> I'd be interested in the result of your tests.

On my server, there are 24/96 FLACs and MP3s (mostly VBR). The default
settings for filetype FLAC were:

AIFF -> flac
FLAC -> native
MP3 -> flac/lame
PCM -> flac

And for MP3 -> native

With these settings, my renderer tells me, that all files are MP3 and
refuses to play all FLACs on the server, while MP3s are played. After
disabling everything except FLAC -> native and MP3 -> native, nothing
changed, it still plays MP3s but no FLACs and identifies all files as
MP3s. The error message in the LMS log remained the same as posted
above. I'll try the next nightly tomorrow, as the issue should be fixed
and keep you posted.

As a side note: all my Squeezeboxes play the FLACs and correctly
identifiy them as FLACs. So I think it's an issue with the UPnP renderer
and LMS 7.9 as the renderer plays and identifies FLACs as such under LMS
7.8.1.

- *ASRock Ion 330* (home office) running Xubuntu 14.04.1 LTS + LMS
  7.9, all music streamed as FLAC > Local Player > Behringer MS 40
  active nearfield monitors via toslink
- *Boom* (master bedroom), *Radio* (master bathroom), *Archos 35 Home
  Connect* + SqueezePlayer (guest bathroom)
- *Reson PR 80s* as UPnP client (living room) > Parasound DAC 1500 >
  vintage Wega Modul 42V amp (with 42E equalizer, 42T tape deck, and
  Thorens TD 160 Mk II turntable) > Quadral Vulkan Mk II speakers
- *Duet* + *Radio* in storage