I now tested with my "kitchen NAS" - the kitchen NAS is a 1:1 copy from
my original system, running "Logitech Media Server Version: 7.8.1 -
1402661598".

... and with this "old" version, everything is fine: "Tina Werner" can
be found while using the search form
So anything is going wrong with the search routine in the nightlies...

(Rem.: On this 7.8.1 she is not listed in the "artists section" as well
- but this seems only to include artists that have at least one album
where they are listed as "album artist" - has there been another
behaviour in 7.8.1 - and could this behaviour has "come back" in the
lastest nightlies?)