Michael, I think frank1969 has hit on the missing element of your recent
excellent work on Browse Modes - we don't really know what each option
does.

For instance, the My Music / Browse Artists "i" just says Browse
Artists.

Could the "i" list what the two options do - for example
Use two separate lists for Album Artists and All Artists - Album Artists
is a list where Album Artist is the sole artist on an album or is the
artist specified in the "Albumartist" tag. All Artists is a list of
every artist that appears in the "Artist" tag.
Use single, configurable list of artists - This is configured in the
Additional Browse Mode plugin.

Then in Player / Additional Browse Modes there is the option to select
menu names.

Again for each row could there either be a "Contains" column or an "i"
field such as:
Album Artists - the sole artist on an album or the artist specified in
the "Albumartist" tag.
Artists - the sole artist on an album
All Artists - a list of every artist that appears in the "Artist" tag.
Albums - a list of the "Album" tag.
Random Albums - a random list of albums.
Compilations - a list of albums that are compilations (compilation tag =
1 or multiple artists in the artist tag)
etc.

This probably shows my lack of understanding on how these extra browse
modes are meant to work.

A camel is a racehorse designed by a committee.