pinkdot wrote:
> I think ther is as long your nas doesn't have to transcode it. So the
> player must support native playback, or do the transcoding for you.

Yes if the DAC conected to for example Touch does not support DoP ,
DSDplay will transcode to some PCM format on the fly .
That you can also do offline yourself and then put them in the library .
This makes DSD play a convenience function if you don't have a DSD DAC .
You can put your DSD files in the library but there is no actual DSD
playback anywhere ( but that does not really matter )

How much CPU resources are involved in making a DoP stream I don't know
.

there are settings for DoP in the plugin , must be selected per player
as there is no way lms could figure this out for itself .
Wonder if not EDO must be installed on the Touch to use DoP is 24/176
kHz ? ( or was it 192 ).

May be similar requirements for squeezelite based players .

(DSD Over PCM =DoP)

sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
Misc use: Radio (with battery)
iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
(spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )