WadDad wrote:
> Maybe from the first time when I asked about DSD playback on my system
> ('here'
> (http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?103636-Test-Repo-for-LMS-7-9-0-on-Synology-DSM-5-*&p=823053&viewfull=1#post823053)
> or 'here'
> (http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?101516-7-9-Problems-Bugs&p=823348&viewfull=1#post823348))
> somebody said truth: there is no way to make DoP conversion on ARM based
> LMS. So long time punch my mind. Version of Audio::Scan does not
> matter.
> I don't know any other Logitech device supports DSD native. Only DoP.
>
> How can I do it? Convert it to 24/88.2? It's not DSD. It's PCM
> conversion. It's not as DoP. These are different things. I'm not talking
> about playing throw analog output of my Touch.
> There is no place in this forum where all information are present in
> structured view. It's the worst thing of this forum. May be I'll try to
> install especially LMS for DSD music on my PC. This is not the best
> solution. Unjustified expectations was burned when I saw information
> about DSD supporting by the LMS.

OK then I to understands better . If you have a Touch you use EDO with
DoP .

It's outside my knowledge what can you do with a squeezelite based
player ? there is a -D option someone with a minicomputer with
Squeezelite may know I don't

You are rigth that 24/88.2 is certainly not DSD ,but its transparent to
humans anyway .That way you can hear the music with no percievable
quality loss (but not as DSD) but it's must be better than not hearing
the music at all ?
Foobar2000 dBpower amp and you can certainly google some other nice
programs that does this for you .

My use case is that I have very few DSD files (I only buy DSD when there
is no PCM options to buy ) and a systems that is 100% pcm , So use
DSDplay to transcode .

I use a HP microservers it's x86 cpu , but it's a couple of years old it
may be better products now .

sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
Misc use: Radio (with battery)
iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
(spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )