mherger wrote:
> The short answer to your subject: the scanner is case sensitive, but
> Windows is not.

I'm aware of this fact - but just therefore I thought it wouldn't
matter, if the file is called "Ich liebe Dich" or "Ich liebe dich" - or
"ABBA" <=> "Abba" - for Windows is case insensitive it's the same for
windows.

So I don't understand what happens there:
If windows sees both as the same file, scanner (who is case sensitive)
should just see "changed file", (example 1) remove the old artist "Abba"
and insert the new artist "ABBA". I don't understand why it keeps the
old spelled "Abba" in the database - it's not included in any fire
anymore - neither in the "ABBA" nor in the "Abba" directory.

Or in 2nd example, scanner shows 2 different files ("Ich liebe dich" and
"Ich liebe Dich"), so scanner/windows noticed the chance - but scanner
should see, only ONE of them stll exists, and even if it sees both - the
old spelling 'Ich liebe Dich' should be removed, for case senstive
scanner should recognize it's in neither file anymore...

I know, You know a thousand times more about LMS, but I just try to
understand what's happening there...