OK, MANY MANY thanks, I've just installed, made sure I changed more than
50 files and started a "new&changed" (which takes a little longer due to
the changes, I guess - till now it was about 45 min. for a new &
changed, now it is after 45 min. halfways through the database so I
guess it will be "times 3" - but that's worth it, if You found and fixed
the bug.

And it's a little "fun" or thrill to find it - what makes me crazy is
(or was) that I didn't find what caused the behavior. I did the same
things to my files and "sometimes it worked" (= the scanner found the
files and corrected the db-entries) and "sometimes it didn't" (= the
scanner didn't change entries in the db) - and I didn't came to the idea
it depends on the number of changes I do (as Your remember, if I
especially tested a new beta, I just did 1-3 files so I could see the
effect easily - and mostly it worked. But in "normal work" (when I
change a lot of entries) the bug appeared again. So the "> 50" thing
sound reasonable... :)