For APS journals (e.g. Physical Review family), I usually have the
LaTeX bib data for a paper displayed by the web browser (Safari), then
highlight the whole block and drag and release to an empty
"Publication" entry in BibDesk.

Sometimes, however, there were some data simply refused to be dragged.
I guess the problem resulted from the encoding, but couldn't figure
out a way to go around it, except that I typed in the data manually
and avoided the special characters. I am now writing to ask what the
correct way it is. In the following I attach a sample data that
refused to be dragged.

Thanks for any guidance.

JT

Here's a sample data that refused to be dragged:
*****************************

@article{auff\`{e}ves-garnier:053823,
author = {Alexia Auff\`{e}ves-Garnier and Christoph Simon and
Jean-Michel G\'{e}rard and Jean-Philippe Poizat},
collaboration = {},
title = {Giant optical nonlinearity induced by a single two-level
system interacting with a cavity in the Purcell regime},
publisher = {APS},
year = {2007},
journal = {Physical Review A (Atomic, Molecular, and Optical Physics)},
volume = {75},
number = {5},
eid = {053823},
numpages = {16},
pages = {053823},
keywords = {nonlinear optics; microcavities; semiconductor quantum
dots; quantum optics; atom-photon collisions},
url = {http://link.aps.org/abstract/PRA/v75/e053823},
doi = {10.1103/PhysRevA.75.053823}
}