Adam,

Thanks for the reply.

On 7/30/07, Adam R. Maxwell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Jul 30, 2007, at 14:41, Jung-Tsung Shen wrote:
>
> > For APS journals (e.g. Physical Review family), I usually have the
> > LaTeX bib data for a paper displayed by the web browser (Safari), then
> > highlight the whole block and drag and release to an empty
> > "Publication" entry in BibDesk.
>
> Using Services might be easier...

Never knew that I could use Services to achieve this. I learn a new
thing about BibDesk every day. :-)

> > Here's a sample data that refused to be dragged:
> > *****************************
> >
> > @article{auff\`{e}ves-garnier:053823,
>
> This cite key is not valid; you need to remove the \'{} characters.
> Even if those characters were allowed, the \` should be inside the
> braces for BibTeX.

Adam, isn't it the most easiest if BibDesk temporarily allows the
addition, and then the user manually modifies the entry? It might be
useful in this case that BibDesk performs the check *when* it comes to
save, but not at the point of addition ... Otherwise, the addition of
such entry becomes quite unnecessarily multi-stepped ...

JT