Hello everybody,

after a number of people here on this list helped me to get started
with BibDesk a couple of months ago, I have been using it ever since,
and I am more than happy with it. As I think it is possible that
software developers more often hear complaints from users about the
things that don't work, let me take the occasion again to say thank
you. The way Bibdesk works and feels like is really how bibliography
management should be!

There is one thing that would make my life much easier though, and
this is import of SciFinder searches. I have asked for this on this
list before but I had not had the time myself to follow up on it. I
would, once again, like to bring it to your attention because
SciFinder (searching the Chemical Abstracts Database) is one of the
most important search tools in Chemistry. I currently use Endnote to
import SciFinder searches and export BibTeX for use in Bibdesk, so a
direct import to Bibdesk would really be helpful.

I have attached a typical SciFinder result for a journal article at
the end of this email. Every result starts with START_RECORD and end
with END_RECORD. As far as I can see, the FIELD keys are always the
same, in the same order, separated with returns. I don't really know
(yet) what results of other types of publications (e.g., book
chapters or patents) look like. I can have a look at it if desired
but, as a start, I would be very happy with a rudimentary import of
the relevant fields of only journal articles (which account for 99%
of the chemical literature anyways).

I can provide you with more information as needed.

If there is nothing that you can (or want to) do about it, that is
also fine. Otherwise, thank you very much for your efforts.

Best regards
Holger

__
Dr. Holger Frauenrath
ETH Zurich
Department of Materials
Wolfgang-Pauli-Str. 10, HCI H515
CH-8093 Zurich
Switzerland

Phone: (+41) 44 633 6474
Fax:   (+41) 44 633 1390
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Web:   http://www.polychem.mat.ethz.ch/frauenrath/

__

START_RECORD
FIELD Copyright:Copyright (C) 2006 ACS on SciFinder (R))
FIELD Database:CAPLUS
FIELD Title:Alternating Diacetylene Copolymer Utilizing
Perfluorophenyl-Phenyl Interactions.
FIELD Accession Number:AN 2006:302926
FIELD Abstract:The sym. diacetylenes, 2,4-hexadiynylene dibenzoate 4
and 2,4-hexadiynylene bis(pentafluorobenzoate) 5, as well as the
unsym. 6-(pentafluorobenzoyloxy)hexa-2,4-diynyl benzoate 6 were
prepd. and investigated with respect to their reactivity toward
topochem. polymn. in the cryst. state.  The 1:1 cocrystal 4.5 was
successfully polymd. to the corresponding poly(diacetylene) copolymer
7, as evidenced by solid-state 13C NMR and Raman spectroscopy, as
well as single-crystal structure anal. of the monomer-polymer
cocrystal.  Thus, perfluorophenyl-Ph interactions were utilized as
complementary supramol. synthons in the cocrystn. of two different
diacetylene monomers and their unprecedented conversion into a
strictly alternating diacetylene copolymer. [on SciFinder (R)]
FIELD Author:Xu, Rui; Gramlich, Volker; Frauenrath, Holger.
FIELD Chemical Abstracts Number(CAN):CAN 144:489005
FIELD Section Code:35-4
FIELD Section Title:Chemistry of Synthetic High Polymers
FIELD CA Section Cross-references:25, 75
FIELD Corporate Source:Department of Materials,Eidgenoessische
Technische Hochschule Zuerich,Zurich,Switz.
FIELD URL:
FIELD Document Type:Journal
FIELD CODEN:JACSAT
FIELD Internat.Standard Doc. Number:0002-7863
FIELD Journal Title:Journal of the American Chemical Society
FIELD Language:written in English.
FIELD Volume:128
FIELD Issue:16
FIELD Page:5541-5547
FIELD Publication Year:2006
FIELD Publication Date:
FIELD Index Terms:Polymerization    (alternating, solid-state; prepn.
and crystal structure of diacetylenes and of alternating diacetylene
copolymer utilizing perfluorophenyl-Ph interactions);
Polydiacetylenes Role: PRP (Properties), SPN (Synthetic preparation),
PREP (Preparation)    (fluorine-contg.; prepn. and crystal structure
of diacetylenes and of alternating diacetylene copolymer utilizing
perfluorophenyl-Ph interactions); Fluoropolymers Role: PRP
(Properties), SPN (Synthetic preparation), PREP (Preparation)
(polydiacetylene-; prepn. and crystal structure of diacetylenes and
of alternating diacetylene copolymer utilizing perfluorophenyl-Ph
interactions); Crystal structure    (prepn. and crystal structure of
diacetylenes and of alternating diacetylene copolymer utilizing
perfluorophenyl-Ph interactions)
FIELD Index Terms(2):
FIELD CAS Registry Numbers:1725-82-2P (3-Iodoprop-2-yn-1-ol);
145383-93-3P; 769167-34-2P; 887650-10-4P; 887650-11-5P Role: RCT
(Reactant), SPN (Synthetic preparation), PREP (Preparation), RACT
(Reactant or reagent)    (intermediate in diacetylene prepn.; prepn.
and crystal structure of diacetylenes and of alternating diacetylene
copolymer utilizing perfluorophenyl-Ph interactions); 887650-07-9P;
887650-08-0P Role: PRP (Properties), RCT (Reactant), SPN (Synthetic
preparation), PREP (Preparation), RACT (Reactant or reagent)
(monomer; prepn. and crystal structure of diacetylenes and of
alternating diacetylene copolymer utilizing perfluorophenyl-Ph
interactions); 887650-09-1P; 887650-12-6P Role: PRP (Properties), SPN
(Synthetic preparation), PREP (Preparation)    (prepn. and crystal
structure of diacetylenes and of alternating diacetylene copolymer
utilizing perfluorophenyl-Ph interactions); 107-19-7 (Propargyl
alcohol); 13154-24-0 (Triisopropylsilyl chloride) Role: RCT
(Reactant), RACT (Reactant or reagent)    (reactant in diacetylene
prepn.; prepn. and crystal structure of diacetylenes and of
alternating diacetylene copolymer utilizing perfluorophenyl-Ph
interactions); 98-88-4 (Benzoyl chloride); 2251-50-5
(Pentafluorobenzoyl chloride); 3031-68-3 (2,4-Hexadiyne-1,6-diol)
Role: RCT (Reactant), RACT (Reactant or reagent)    (reactant in
monomer prepn.; prepn. and crystal structure of diacetylenes and of
alternating diacetylene copolymer utilizing perfluorophenyl-Ph
interactions)
FIELD Supplementary Terms:alternating diacetylene copolymer prepn
structure; diacetylene monomer prepn crystal structure
FIELD PCT Designated States:
FIELD PCT Reg. Des. States:
FIELD Reg.Pat.Tr.Des.States:
FIELD Main IPC:
FIELD IPC:
FIELD Secondary IPC:
FIELD Additional IPC:
FIELD Index IPC:
FIELD Inventor Name:
FIELD National Patent Classification:
FIELD Patent Application Country:
FIELD Patent Application Date:
FIELD Patent Application Number:
FIELD Patent Assignee:
FIELD Patent Country:
FIELD Patent Kind Code:
FIELD Patent Number:
FIELD Priority Application Country:
FIELD Priority Application Number:
FIELD Priority Application Date:
FIELD Citations:1) Wegner, G; Z Naturforsch, B 1969, 24, 824|2a)
Wegner, G; Makromol Chem 1971, 145, 85|2b) Enkelmann, V; Makromol
Chem 1979, 180, 1787|3) Wegner, G; Makromol Chem 1972, 154, 35|4)
Enkelmann, V; Angew Chem, Int Ed Engl 1977, 16, 416|5a) Enkelmann, V;
Adv Polym Sci 1984, 63, 91|5b) Baughman, R; J Polym Sci, Part D:
Macromol Rev 1978, 13, 219|6) Baughman, R; J Polym Sci, Polym Phys Ed
1974, 12, 1511|7) Kobelt, D; Acta Crystallogr, Sect B: Struct
Crystallogr Cryst Chem 1974, 30, 232|8a) Haedicke, E; Angew Chem, Int
Ed Engl 1971, 10, 266|8b) Enkelmann, V; Acta Crystallogr, Sect B:
Struct Crystallogr Cryst Chem 1977, B33, 2842|9a) Kane, J; J Am Chem
Soc 1995, 117, 12003|9b) Xiao, J; Angew Chem, Int Ed 2000, 39, 2132|
9c) Goroff, N; Org Lett 2005, 7, 1891|10) Meyer, E; Angew Chem, Int
Ed 2003, 42, 1210|11) Coates, G; Angew Chem, Int Ed Engl 1997, 36,
248|13) Hanson, A; Acta Crystallogr, Sect B: Struct Crystallogr Cryst
Chem 1975, B31, 831|19) Sarkar, A; J Chem Soc, Perkin Trans 1 1998,
4141|21) Anon; http://www.oxford-diffraction.com/crysalis.htm|22)
Sheldrick, G; SHELXS/L-97, Program for the Solution/Refinement of
Crystal Structures 1997
END_RECORD