In a followup to the recent discussion about auto-file I found myself
in the position of wanting to share my bib file with a collaborator.
In my bib file every link is stored using a full path like
   Local-Url = {file://localhost/Users/kdh/Work/papers/...
I now want to email a tarball with everything, but the full path is
bothering me. He (and I) will be ok with using relative paths
(everything relative to the bib file), but when I change this in my
preferences and then choose "Consolidate linked file", the actual
entry in the bib file does not change.

How should I handle that - both for now and in the future - I could
do a search and replace on the bib file but I am unsure as to what
the entry should be, as I really would like him to just untar
everything. So something like
   Local-Url = {file://~/Work/papers/...
does not necessarily cover it, as it assumes the directory structure
stays the same.

Perhaps my problem is that I am experimenting with old entries?

Thanks,
Kasper