On 2007-October-09  , at 18:07 , greg kise wrote:
> I've been using BibDesk for a while and have a problem that I cannot
> solve.
>
> When I preview a citation that has an abstract or a note, the
> citation includes the abstract or note like this:
> [1]   G. Mason. Homeschool recruiting: Lessons learned on the journey.
> Journal of College Admission, pages 2–3, 2004. The article provides
> the author’s experiences in both working with and recruiting
> homeschoolers. In this context it is advised that admission officers
> should help students in the same ways a high school counselor would.
> This process advantages both parties–students learn the in’s and
> out’s of admission, while admission officers present their
> institutions as trustworthy to a potential recruit. Because
> homeschooled students come from intimate environments, it is
> important that the recruitment techniques colleges use to reach them
> be personalized.
>
> This is really annoying. This also happens when I insert the citation
> into Lyx. The only way I've been able to solve this problem is to
> completely delete the Abstract and/or Note, but this seems like
> overkill. I looked at the offending references in JabRef (because I
> can see the code) and I don't see anything obviously wrong with the
> markup. Also I don't know where the problem is coming from, whether
> it is BibDesk or LaTeX or who knows.
>
> Any ideas about how to solve this without deleting my Abstracts?

The fact that the (I assume LaTeX) preview shows the abstract or not
depend on the BibTeX style selected in the preferences. You can:
- select another style and check what suits you
- create a new style with makebst (included with you latex distro
somewhere in the bibtex part) and explicitly tell it not to include
abstract or notes. check the documentation on where to put the new
style and rebuild your tex index to make it available
- grab a style from a journal you like there: http://
jo.irisson.free.fr/bstdatabase/

JiHO
---