Hello!

I noticed sth. peculiar: I wanted to check how well any Skim-
highlights would show up in Preview (none…) and tried to open the
respective attached pdf-file in BibDesk (the new pane) via ctrl.-click
and chosing Preview.

Unfortunately an (almost) never-ending line of Acrobats…, Skims… and
finally Previews… showed up. Chosing the first one later showed that
those were all the apps backed up by TimeMachine. If I try to do the
same thing in Finder, the ctrl.-click-menu does look normal. Since I
plan NOT to switch of indexing my TimeMachine-Backup-volume, any idea
what to do about this problem? My own workaround: show in Finder and
THEN using the "open by"-menu not withstanding.
I am sure my launch-services-databse is ok (otherwise I'd have the
same problem in Finder).

Greetings,

Rolf

--
Rolf Schmolling M.A. Historian, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://rolf_schmolling.macbay.de/