On Apr 20, 2008, at 3:32 AM, Christiaan Hofman wrote:

> On 20 Apr 2008, at 11:51 AM, Niels Kobschaetzki wrote:
>
>> On Sun, Apr 20, 2008 at 11:46 AM, Christiaan Hofman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>> wrote:

>>> Then you must have manually installed the input manager. Unless
>>> TextMate now includes this natively?
>>
>> Which Input Manager? I installed "Edit in TextMate" manually but
>> nothing else - it seems that the esc+opt-command only uses
>> applescript
>> and a little bit perl to do it's stuff (don't know right now where
>> the
>> esc-autocompletion-stuff is located)
>>
>> Niels
>
> So then, if it works, it's included in TextMate. That's what I mean.
> This didn't used to work out of the box without the BibDesk
> inputmanager, which only works on Tiger (unless you force it to).

TextMate doesn't use NSTextView, so the input manager never worked
with it.  This actually kept me from using TextMate for LaTeX for a
long time.  TextMate comes with an interface for inserting keys via
BibDesk, but it's ugly (IMNSHO), and I don't think it's recommended
anymore.

Currently, TextMate parses your BibTeX file using regular expressions
and builds a list of completion on its own; this works pretty well,
but has some limitations due to the BibTeX grammar (e.g. it can hang
on parsing valid BibTeX).

I prefer using BibDesk's search heuristics for completion, and BibDesk
also has a much better parser.  As a consequence, I put together
a .tmCommand that asks BibDesk to complete your cite keys, and it's
linked from the wiki

http://bibdesk.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Other_Applications

Use whichever suits your needs.  Mine does require BibDesk to be
running, which bothers some people for reasons that aren't clear to me.

--
adam