As a consequence, I put together a .tmCommand that asks BibDesk to complete your cite keys, and it's linked from the wiki

http://bibdesk.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Other_Applications

Would someone generous -- it doesn't have to be Adam -- be willing to write up slightly more hand-holding instructions for installing his BibDeskTMCompletions? I could even then post them to the wiki, perhaps.

a. I extracted the .zip file into /Users/[myname]/Library/Application Support/TextMate/Completions/ b. I double-clicked on the BibDeskTMCompletions Unix executable file. I authorized it to run. c. A command showed up in my TextMate bundle list called untitled, with the readme.txt as its contents, and I renamed it BibDeskTMCompletions d. As a test, I typed \cite{t option-escape in one of my documents and a series of error messages were inserted. Not sure what to try next.

There must be a couple simple steps I'm missing. Thanks very much. Chris