Can you send me a sample of one of your .aux file off list? The format
of this files is not documented and apparently varies. I just fixed it
for some kind of mess that it could contain, but that fix should not
affect .aux files for which it used to work.

Christiaan

On 18 Jun 2008, at 12:28 AM, James Howison wrote:

> Weird.  That used to work.  I agree though, it doesn't now.  Perhaps
> it would be best if there was a menu item for it anyway, "Select
> References From .aux File"  I think that would help people find it.
>
> But first we should check it works, can anyone get the select from aux
> file to work at the moment?
>
> On Jun 17, 2008, at 5:48 PM, Matthieu Masquelet wrote:
>
>> Wow, I didn't know this one, thanks a lot ! Would be helpful to
>> extract these 10 references for a paper and to create a neat bib file
>> that doesn't contain 1000 entries. But how do you get it to work?
>> Dropping my .aux file does nothing for me...
>>
>> On the first topic, I personally auto-file in a PAPERS folder with
>> the
>> years as subfolders (from 1951 to 2008 as of now :) ). But it's not
>> like I often need to dig into that folder structure...
>>
>> Matthieu

>>> I love the ability to drop a .aux file onto BibDesk and have it
>>> select
>>> the references used in a paper.  I usually then create a static
>>> group
>>> for them and use that to create the .bib to mail to colleagues.