On 18 Jun 2008, at 5:29 AM, Adam M. Goldstein wrote:

> On Jun 17, 2008, at 7:41 PM, Christiaan Hofman wrote:
>
>> OK, and that one has never worked. You're apparently using some
>> special style, not the default way to write bibliographies.
>>
>> Christiaan
>>
>> On 18 Jun 2008, at 1:33 AM, Adam M. Goldstein wrote:
>>
>>> I included an aux file in a post in this thread, one that doesn't
>>> work.
>>>
>>> -Adam
>>>

> That aux file was good for something though:

Certainly not exactly the same .aux file you pasted in the other mail,
because that did not include anything we look for. I guess you run
another tex process (I think the citations are included in the .aux
file only in the second pass).

> when I dropped it into
> the BD library from which the references were taken, it did highlight
> them. Then I could have made a group with them and exported that
> group.

Then perhaps you misunderstand: this is precisely the feature we're
talking about.

> I am using a custom style created with merlin.bst; but other than that
> I am doing things in the usual way with BibTeX.
>
> -Adam

I only think that custom .sty files associated to some .bst files
(such as natbib) should give problems.

Christiaan