On 2009-01-08 10:46, "Christiaan Hofman" <cmhof...@gmail.com> wrote:

> As I said above, I moved it unmodified to the bibTeX Date field, so it
> is retained.

Ah, beg your pardon, yes, I see what you mean.  I got confused because
BibDesk has an internal field called Date driven by the BibItem pubDate
NSCalendarDate variable, which is shown by default in the main references
table view.  So now there are 2 fields with the same name

    BibDesk Date (a derived field) : Mar 2007
    BibTex Date (from DP)          : 2007 Mar 23

Does that seem OK to you?

I don't mind, but it could perhaps lead to some confusion.