Hi Grant (and others),

On 2009-04-30 08:44, "Grant Jacobs" <grant.jac...@clear.net.nz> wrote:

> You can create new bibliographic entries in BibDesk by dragging PDF
> files of articles (scientific papers in my case) to the main window.
> I presume what happens is that BibDesk extracts the DOI from the file
> and uses this to obtain the information (authors, title, abstract,
> etc.) from the internet. This is an excellent feature, even though it
> isn't foolproof: it sometimes seems to simply fail despite there
> being a DOI in the article.

If you have a DOI-containing PDF that doesn't work BUT does have a
bibliographic entry present in PubMed then please send a copy to
bibdesk....@gmail.com and I will try to see if the parser logic can be
improved.  As Christiaan points out the bibtex records generated after DOI
extraction depend entirely on the database provider - at the moment only
PubMed.

Best wishes,

Greg.