A question out of pure curiosity:

I am trying to optimize my system. I have recently switched to a MBP
13'' with 4 BG RAM and expect it to outshine my old iBook running
Tiger in every way.
However, I noticed that BibDesk still takes quite long to launch. To
start the application after a reboot it takes about 8-10 seconds. When
I open my main bib file it takes 1 min 3 sec to open.
The file contains 1836 items, 265 of which have annotations (some
quite extensive) and 1165 have local files attached.
Is this about the same speed other users are experiencing or is my
system slow?

  Alex