On Mar 13, 2011, at 19:23 , Adam M. Goldstein wrote:

> On Mar 13, 2011, at 6:26 PM, Justin C. Walker wrote:
>

>> I've been using the 3/8 nightly build on a daily basis.  No problems to
>> report, although every time I launch a new version for the first time, I get
>> this in the kernel log:
>>
>> /var/log/kernel.log:Mar  9 16:59:30 zippo kernel[0]: CoreServicesUIAg[48223]
>> Unable to clear quarantine `BibDeskHelp': 93
>>

> I just compiled the most recent source, and I don't see anything to be
> concerned about in the console or anywhere else, so I am going to go ahead
> and do the release. I guess that will give people something to be happy about
> on Monday morning. :)

Nah.  Better to complain.  Then you feel like you're really accomplishing
something.

FWIW, quitting the above version just now, I see this in the system log:

Mar 13 20:15:30 zippo BibDesk[478]: Application will quit without finishing
writing metadata cache.
Mar 13 20:15:30: --- last message repeated 499 times ---
Mar 13 20:15:30 zippo BibDesk[478]: *** process 478 exceeded 500 log message
per second limit  -  remaining messages this second discarded ***

Then I installed and launched the latest (3/13) nightly.  No kernel complaint
this time, but there was this in the system log:

Mar 13 20:22:31 zippo BibDesk[23704]: *** error *** -[BDSKLinkedFile
initWithURLString:] failed (Bdsk-Url-1 of BMSCong)

These shouldn't inhibit a new release, but I wonder what good these messages
serve.  There doesn't seem to be much of substance in them (are they useful in
tracking problems?), so why litter the system log with them?

Justin C. Walker
Curmudgeon at Large
Director
Institute for the Enhancement of the Director's Income
--
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm
 for a night.