Christiaan Hofman wrote:

>> That was instant to do with find & replace in a text editor.
>
> Note that BibDesk has that same feature, that you can use for specific fields.

I probably missed something, but I could not see how to do it at one
stroke for all 6000+ entries in my database. ("Replace all" seemed to
work per-entry.)

> Another option is to use the linked files anyway, but have them backed up in
> the Local-Url field. Is it really such a problem when others see one extra
> field?

Their point of view is that bibtex is cross-platform, but my mac aliases
1) break that and 2) considerably enlarge the file's size. But yes, they
might forgive as long as I duplicate the path in plain text. How do I go
about this?  (Still applescript?)

Thanks,
Francois