A website for RideCivil is here:
http://bikehugger.com/2008/07/next_ridecivil_is_8-8_at_westl.htm.  The
point of Ride Civil, as I understand it, is not to be nice to *ssholes in
SUV who almost kill us, but to avoid gratuitous nastiness to drivers whose
behavior is generally responsible and courteous.

Of course, it would be better if those drivers were biking or walking or
taking the bus, but you will not get them to abandon their cars (or even
to be nicer to bikes in the future) by blocking the road and running red
lights en masse.

This is not just an issue of manners and ethics.  Manners aside, it's just
not a good idea to pick a fight with a cop who has a gun, or a driver who
outweighs you by an order or magnitude.